As you may know, the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), also known as the Detroit Auto Show, is scheduled on January 13-28. All our Berglund Auto Group dealers are excited to “discover something new” from our favorite brands. Like kids during Christmas, we want to see what’s going to be under our pine tree before the morning of—follow along as we peek at the automotive presents that are in store for us at the 2018 Auto Show in Detroit.
AutoMobili-D (Jan 14-21)
After last year’s roaring success, in which over 180 brands, suppliers, universities, and tech startups unveiled their newest automotive technology, AutoMobili-D is back for more!
For 2018, over 150,000 square feet of booths and incredible innovations will be on display, covering everything from self-driving vehicles to EV advancements to connected cars. Exhibitors from all over the world will be showcasing their work, including big names like Carnegie Mellon University, GM, MIT, ThyssenKrupp, Udacity, and more.
For ticket information, visit the AutoMobili-D page on the NAIAS.com site.
Public Show (Jan 20-28)
Get up close and personal with new vehicles, tech, and concept cars. Or watch the competitions unfold like a reality show. The choice is yours during the final week of the 2018 NAIAS.
The EyesOn Design Awards honor the finest concept vehicles and production cars that unveil during the NAIAS. Design leaders from across the globe choose the vehicles that receive these awards. This year, considering the landscape of the automotive industry’s future, look for winners of the User Experience Award and Concept Car Award to make waves. Who will take home the trophies? We’re not Miss Cleo, so we’ll all have to wait impatiently.
On January 24, Education Day kicks off. Bright young minds from schools all over the country will be invited to take part in activities and lessons, ask questions, take tours, and attend presentations hosted by industry experts. For local-area elementary and high schools, NAIAS Education Day makes for an excellent field trip.
Production & Concept Car Rumors
- INFINITI – Alfonso Albaisa, INFINITI’s head designer, hinted at a new INFINITI sedan being unveiled at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show this January. “In Detroit, we will show something…which is super nice.” Perhaps a new flagship all-electric INFINITI car is on the horizon?
- Mercedes-Benz – According to Australia’s Drive.com, the 2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV will be revealed at the NAIAS, showing off its newly redesigned look. Will it take the style from like its military-grade roots or lean on the modern and luxurious appeal that we’ve come to love from the German automaker?
- Mercedes-Benz 2.0 –The four-door, V8-equipped AMG GT sedan has been confirmed, and we speculate that the production-grade Mercedes AMG will see the light of day in Detroit. Boy, those Aussies know how to squeeze out details.
- Toyota – Word has it, Toyota’s new EV strategy will be announced at the 2018 NAIAS, and there’s a major discussion around the industry’s water cooler that it revolves around breakthrough solid-state batteries. Lighter than standard lithium-ion batteries, these solid-state power sources may very well be the future of EVs.
- RAM – The next-gen RAM 1500 truck may make its way to the NAIAS stage in January 2018, as it vies for class supremacy.
- BMW – Aimed at younger buyers, the 2019 BMW X2 will take center stage sometime during the 2018 Detroit Auto Show. As a compact crossover, the X2 is a slight departure from the typical BMW allure, but there should still be a lot to like.
As the 2018 Detroit Auto Show schedule gets fleshed out, be sure to check back here or with the NAIAS Twitter account for updates. In the meantime, our Berglund Auto Group dealers in Roanoke, Lynchburg, and Salem, VA, have all the 2017 and 2018 models you could ask for. Prep for the upcoming NAIAS event by taking a test drive in a new car or SUV! Find your nearest car dealership in the Roanoke area to schedule an appointment.
Sources & Photos: