Autumn has arrived, and with it comes America’s newest beloved sport: Football! Whether you cheer on a college alma mater, the pros, or a Roanoke high school squad, you’re sure to head out to a few local tailgating parties this year. But are you fully prepared? That is, do you have the right tailgating truck to make life simpler? At Berglund Auto Group, we’d like to help you get equipped for tailgate season. Buy or lease any of these five amazing pickup trucks, and you’ll be ready for the first home game.
2018 Ram 1500
You don’t need a powerhouse to ensure your next tailgate is a success—you just need a truck that makes setup a breeze. With the 2018 Ram 1500, you’ll get just that thanks to a roomy and tech-heavy cabin, integrated cooler, and extended bed. (And with a max towing capacity of just over 10,000 lbs., it’s got the functionality of a powerhouse, too.)
- RamBox® Cargo Management System – The perfect toolbox is one that offers versatility. With the RamBox, that versatility is obvious. It doubles as a drainable cooler while never sacrificing its toolbox roots. After all, the best tailgating tools are bottled, right?
- AllSecure® Central Locking System – Your key fob controls who gets in and out while you’re at the game. AllSecure will even lock your RamBox. Leave your worries at the tailgate.
- 0L Ecodiesel V6 – For those long trips to tailgate at away games, you’ll want a truck that can maximize fuel. That’s the Ram 1500; when fitted with the efficient 3.0L Ecodiesel engine, this truck returns a best-in-class 29 mpg on the highway.
Browse our inventory of new 2018 Ram 1500 models for sale.
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
A fan favorite, the Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup truck is a purebred classic straight from America’s iconic 90s. Available in 8 trims, this pickup is fit as much for the construction site as it is a tailgate party, and it’s second fiddle only to the Ford F-Series when it comes to sales. But in the hearts of many, the Silverado is #1.
- eAssist Powertrain – Available in Crew Cab LT and LTZ trims, this “mild hybrid technology” helps the Silverado return 24 mpg on the highway, meaning those tailgating trips to your Ravens, Panthers, or Redskins games will take less of a toll on your wallet.
- Best-in-Class Trailering – When equipped with a V8 engine, the Silverado can tow over 12,500 pounds. Consider turning your next tailgate into a camping trip by locking and loading up a travel trailer to this Chevy beast. The optional EchoMaster® Trailering Camera System offers four ways to line up and hitch that trailer, too. Nifty.
- Bed Extender – Up the length of the Silverado’s bed by adding on this Chevy accessory by Lund®. It’s completely compatible with bed liners and covers, too.
View our selection of new Silverado trucks for sale near Roanoke, VA.
2018 Ford F-150
With the 2018 F-150, Ford has delivered on its continued promise of excellence even in the face of competent competition like the Silverado. A tailgating truck through and through, Ford’s newest F-150 is a pleasure to drive and offers convenience from dashboard to tailgate.
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ – If you’re a novice tailgater, the Ford F-150 will help you expand your gameday horizons thanks to this innovative trailer-assist tech. Simply twist the system’s knob in the direction you want your trailer to go, and you’ll be on the road to meet your buds in a matter of moments. When fully equipped, the F-150 can haul payloads of up to 8,500 lbs., which is the best amongst half-ton trucks. You’ll be the one bringing the grill, TV, tables, and cornhole set.
- LED Box Lighting – For night games, the helpfulness of the F-150’s built-in LED bed lights can’t be overstated. You won’t have to pray to find the right brew when you reach into the cooler—just let the truck illuminate the way.
- Remote Tailgate Release – Exclusive to the F-150, this feature allows you to lock, unlock, and release the tailgate with the key fob. Get in and out fast so you don’t miss any of the gridiron action.
Check out our inventory of new Ford F-150 models available today.
2017 Toyota Tacoma
The RAV4 may be Toyota’s best-selling vehicle, but there’s something special about the third-gen Tacoma. It’s stylish where it matters most, offers a ton of car-like features, and is the perfect accompaniment to any NFL or college football tailgate.
- GoPro® Windshield Mount –Not only can your personal GoPro act as a dashcam, but it can also be utilized to record your off-roading adventures. Unlatch it from the windshield mount, and you’ve got a traveling memory book for your football parties. Document your tailgating escapades to the fullest!
- 120V Bed Outlet – Durable as the Tacoma’s composite bed is, it’s also perfect for tailgate TVs and sound systems. Plug in a big screen to watch the early games or pound out the jams at night and dance like nobody’s watching.
- Easy Lower Tailgate – The Tacoma’s tailgate isn’t just any old tailgate—it’s also easy to remove, allowing you to set up or pack up your tailgate party in no time. When you’re ready to hit the road again, just snap it back in place!
Come take a test drive in the latest Toyota Tacoma at one of our dealerships near Salem, VA.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD
If you’re ingrained in the tailgate scene—you know, if strangers shout your name from across the parking lot—you probably live for those Saturday and Sunday afternoons. You also probably need a truck that can do it all, which is exactly what the GMC Sierra 3500HD offers.
- Trailering & Payload Capacity – With the 3500HD, you can literally tow an entire NFL squad to the game (trailering maxes out at just over 23,000 pounds while a 55-man football squad swings in at around 15,000 pounds). Its max payload capacity of over 7,000 pounds is more than enough for a starting offensive line, too. But you’ll probably just settle for towing a travel trailer and hauling around a grill or two.
- Built-in 4G Wi-Fi – Stay connected and keep up on the day’s scores without sharing shaky cell signals with thousands of other tailgaters.
- Box Sportz® Camping Tent – Once you’re set up for the weekend’s slate, pop a tent right in the truck bed! This add-on tent sleeps two, allowing you and a “friend” to enjoy the evening privately from the comfort of an inflatable mattress. Be sure to ask our truck dealers near Lynchburg about this GMC accessory if you choose the world-class Sierra 3500 (which you should).
Click to view our selection of 2017 and 2018 GMC trucks.
Score Big Savings at Berglund
This football season, venture out to one of our auto dealers near Roanoke or Lynchburg, VA and head home with a brand-new truck. Your tailgating friends will thank you. In addition to the latest pickups, our Berglund Auto Group dealers also sell a variety of used cars and new cars, SUVs, and minivans. Pick your poison and save loads of cash with any of our new car lease deals and finance offers.
Find and contact your nearest Berglund car dealer in the greater Roanoke area to schedule a test drive or discuss your auto loan options. Enjoy the tailgating season!
Sources & Photos: